The term Buchanan County arrest warrant search is self-explanatory; it is clearly understood that what you will get in return for such an inquiry is information on all IA active warrants against the subject. However, most people fail to realize the weight that these legal orders have and their impact on an offender’s life.
Very different from all other instruments available to the judiciary, arrest warrants can be served in any part of the country, at any location, including the home of the accused, and at any time, be it day or night or even years after their release. This is what makes an active warrant an all-powerful order to have.
The police have to submit information on the crime to avail a decree of this nature. A proper declaration is drafted, which is meant to notify the magistrate of the criminal activity and the part played by the suspect in it. Information on the evidence that leads the police to assume culpability is also presented before the court.
This data is used to determine the probable cause, which is legally described as the evidence required to convince any person of sound mental reasoning of the fact that the alleged offender may have committed the crime. This is how orders for arrests are issued and executed. To find details on arrest records and outstanding warrants in Buchanan County, you will need to go to:
- The police: 210 Fifth Ave NE, Independence, Iowa 50644
- The judiciary: Given above
- The clerk of court: PO Box 298, Independence, Iowa 50644
Who should you contact if you need information about recent arrests and warrants in County? (In the year 2021)
- To find out about recent arrests, contact the Buchanan County Jail at (319) 334-2017.
- To learn about outstanding warrants, contact the agency at (319) 334-2567
- To learn about victim’s assistance, contact the Buchanan County Attorney at (319) 334-3710.
- To get basic information or register a non-emergency complaint, make a phone call to the Sheriff’s dispatch number-(319) 334-2017.
- To learn more about obtaining access to criminal court records and warrants data, contact the Clerk’s Office at (319) 334-2196
Crime statistics of Buchanan County
The criminal complaints handled by Buchanan County Sheriff’s Department increased by 16% in 2019 as compared to the prior year. In contrast, to the annual average of 127 events in 2018, around 150 cases were reported in 2019. Over 110 of the complaints were for property offenses, while over 30 were for violent crimes.
Older crime statistics
In the last few years, an annual crime rate of nearly 300 incidents was recorded in Buchanan County, Iowa. Of these criminal acts, only about 3% were violent crimes. The majority of these incidents were property-related and included such cases as thefts which logged in the highest incident rate at 100 complaints.