A Buena Vista County arrest warrant search can only be conducted online if you are willing to avail of the services of a third-party information vendor. While the police and the judiciary are reluctant to offer information on IA active warrants through the internet, you can learn about inmates currently serving time in state prisons through the sheriff’s website.
This facility is offered at https://bvsheriff.com/divisions/jail/. To approach a private agency for your search, fill the form you can find on top of this webpage. The database linked to this website contains information on arrest records and active warrants from Buena Vista County and the country’s rest.
This information is procured from state agencies which is why it is accurate and reliable. To launch the inquiry, you will only need the first and the last name of the subject, and it just takes a few seconds for the tool to bring up the results of your inquiry. It will help understand here that active warrants, while not an admission of guilt or a verdict, show that the police have sufficient proof against the accused.
So, the mere fact that warrants for arrests can be found in the background report of a person should tell you that there is an outstanding possibility of him being involved in criminal acts. To look for outstanding warrants through state departments, you will need to drive down to:
- Law enforcement agency: PO Box 276, 411 Expansion Blvd, Storm Lake, Iowa 50558
- The county magistrate: 215 E 5th St, Storm Lake, IA 50588
- The clerk of court: East 5th Courthouse Square, Storm Lake, Iowa 50588
Is it possible to acquire information from Buena Vista County on recent arrests and active warrants over the phone? (2021-data)
- When you want to get a warrant search done, contact the Warrant Division-(712) 749-2530.
- When you want to know about recent arrests, call the Buena Vista County Jail- (712) 732-2452.
- When you need to get in touch with Victim/Witness Services, call the Victim’s Advocate- (712) 732-2452.
- When you want to know about accessing criminal court records, contact the Clerk of Circuit Court-(712) 732-1933.
Crime statistics of Buena Vista County
In 2019, the Buena Vista Sheriff’s Office received 53 criminal complaints, compared to 40 in 2018. There were 41 property offenses and 12 violent crimes among them.
Property offenses included 10 larceny-thefts, 29 burglaries, and 2 motor vehicle thefts. In the category of violent crimes, there were 11 aggravated assaults and 1 rape.
Older crime statistics
Over the eight years between 2001 and 2008, almost 3200 complaints were filed against criminal matters in Buena Vista County, Iowa, but only 8% of these were lodged connected with violent crimes. A large part of this figure consisted of thefts and burglaries with 200 and 65 cases respectively.